Sunday, April 7, 2013

Activity 7-3

Over the course of my time employed in the information technology field I have developed many valuable skills and abilities.  From my first job in the information technology field I was able to utilize my customer service and management experience to successfully manage and maintain the day to day operation for a small information technology business.  During my time there I was also able to develop skills in technical troubleshooting, hardware and software installation, and basic computer maintenance.  I was able to use my occupation to gather hands on experience with home users and small business owners in an technical support role.  This career then afforded me the opportunity to take the skills I learned and apply them to several other information technology companies.  I currently work as a technician in a medical facility where I am able to utilize all the skills I have gathered on a daily basis.  Despite my current occupation I wished to further enhance my knowledge and abilities in the information technology field with an end goal of becoming a network administrator in a medical facility.  In order to accomplish this goal there are several steps I am in the process of completing.  My growth plan consists of the following goals:

  1. Completion of my Bachelor's Degree in Network Administration
  2. Completion of my Associates Degree Networking Technology
  3. Completion of my A+ Certification
  4. Completion of my CompTIA Security+ Certification
  5. Completion of my C+ Certification
  6. Completion of Cisco Certifications
 The first and second goals allow me to obtain degrees showing an official knowledge and understanding of the core concepts needed to obtain a management role as a network administrator.  By furthering my education I also ensure that I have the book knowledge to accompany my hands on experience.  The remaining goals for completing certifications will again further my knowledge in the specific areas and demonstrate my knowledge of core concepts to any employers with whom I wish to obtain a position.  Successfully completing these goals will allow me to easily accomplish my end goal of becoming a network administrator at a medical facility.

1 comment:

  1. Nate I could not agree with you more about getting a degree which shows official knowledge to an employer. Get as many certs a possible because those plus the experience will make you a candidate that will not be over looked for any position.

    ReplyDelete